The Centre is looking for a talented and driven Research Fellow to join the research group of Prof. Valerio Scarani. The group specialises in foundational aspects, nonlocality and device-independent certification, quantum thermodynamics and quantum optics.
The position is open for one year, starting as early as 1 January 2021 and no later than 31 March 2021. Renewal for one year or longer can be considered in case of good performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading a theoretical research project in quantum information science (most likely in one the current research directions of the group, but we are open to new directions in the case of excpetionally competent candidates).
- Besides personal research work, this involves coordinating the work of students (Ph.D. and/or undergraduate) that are working on the topic.
- Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. in Physics.
- Familiarity with both theoretical and experimental research.
- Proved capacity of working with several co-workers.
- Record of peer-reviewed publications in quantum information science.
- Experience of teaching and/or follow-up of younger students’ projects in the university context.
- Readiness to travel overseas for conferences and collaborations.
- Strong communication skills and writing skills.