Research Associate / Research Assistant Positions
List of available position/s:
- Research Assistants (Quantum Key Distribution over Telecom Fibers)
- Research Assistant
- Position at Quantum Matter Group
- Research Assistant in Cold Ion Group
Research Assistants (Quantum Key Distribution over Telecom Fibers)
The Centre currently has two vacancies for Research Assistants to work on applied research in the area of quantum key distribution over telecom fibers.
- To perform R&D work aimed at translating quantum communication technology into practical systems.
- To assist senior scientists in data acquisition and to liase with industry partners.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in relevant technical discipline (e.g. Physics, Electronics or Computer Engineering).
- Keen interest to work in experimental physics working on both fundamental and applied research
- Able to work independently and multi-task
Interested applicants are invited to send a covering letter specifying their research interests and experience, their latest Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
The Centre currently has two vacancies for Research Assistants with the following job scope:
- To perform metrology and communication experiments based on photon counting .
- To build and debug analog and digital electronic circuits
- To assist senior scientists in data acquisition and to be trained in data analysis
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are invited to send a covering letter specifying their research interests and experience, their latest Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about the research group: http://www.quantumlah.org/AlexLinggroup
Research Assistant in Quantum Matter Lab
We have an opening for a research assistant in our laboratory on ultracold quantum gases with mixtures of bosonic and fermionic atoms.
Our research team is currently focusing on experiments with heteronuclear molecules composed of fermionic lithium and potassium in the nanokelvin regime.
We are looking for an individual who likes experimental physics work in a modern laboratory.
This research assistant position offers a great opportunity to get acquainted with the science of ultracold atoms and a range of related experimental techniques, like optics, lasers, our frequency comb system, etc.
Please direct your enquiries to Kai Dieckmann.
More detail about the research group: http://qmatter.quantumlah.org
Research Assistant in Cold Ion Group
The project is on precision measurement of electric quadrupole moment of a clock transition in barium ion. This would be further developed towards measuring the possible systematic on an atomic parity non-conservation experiment to be performed with the same ion. The candidate should possess the following:
1. Hands on experience on electronics and opto-electronics development
2. FPGA programing skill and some knowledge on python
The candidate must be BS or MS in Physics or Engineering. It is a full-time position with a possibility of continuing for a PhD.
The project is a Ministry of Education, Singapore approved project for 3 years tenure starting from July 2017.
Please send an email with your CV at phymukhe AT nus.edu.sg
Closing date for application: 30 June 2017