Presenting CQT's Annual Report for 2016
Enjoy a magazine-style overview of the year's news for research, events and people
17 March 2017
The Centre for Quantum Technologies is pleased to present its annual report for 2016. The report gives an accessible overview of the research and activities at the Centre in the past year.
The 2016 report includes an interview with the new Chair of the Centre's Governing Board, Mr Quek Gim Pew, the Chief Defence Scientist of the Singapore Ministry of Defence. He was appointed to CQT's board in November 2016. He says "In a short span of years, I think CQT has made phenomenal progress. I think CQT stands out really as a jewel in Singapore’s R&D landscape". He is following developments in quantum technologies: "I'm hopeful that in 10 to 20 years we will see the next wave of quantum-based products embedded in everyday life, and I think Singapore is well positioned to play a role in this – and this is because we have CQT," he says.
Other contents include:
- A letter from CQT's Director, Artur Ekert
- Highlights of the year's news and research
- A Q&A with the new Chair of our Governing Board, Mr Quek Gim Pew, Chief Defence Scientist of Singapore
- Features on quantum thermodynamics and quantum state estimation
- An introduction to CQT's new Head of Strategic Development, Industry Relations
- Information on the PhD@CQT programme
- Interviews with recent PhD graduates
- Data and listings on staff, papers, visitors, events, budgets etc
Download a PDF of this year's report here: CQT 2016 Annual Report
Reports for previous years are also available via the website's About Us pages.