The SpooQyLabs group at CQT develop quantum experiments into satellite instruments. We are looking for a highly motivated engineer/applied physicist to join the team to work on our various projects related to quantum key distribution and entanglement distribution from space.
Duties & Responsibilities
Depending on skillset, experiences and preferences the candidate could be involved with a few of the following tasks:
- On orbit operations of the SpooQy-1 nanosatellite using our UHF ground stations
- Mission planning/ systems engineering/ project management for the CQT quantum light source contribution to the UK-Singapore QKD QubeSat mission.
- Electronics developments (FPGAs, embedded systems, single photon detectors)
- Mechanical engineering thermal/mechanical simulations (Ansys/Siemens SimCenter)
- Optical engineering (Zemax ray tracing and optomechanical design)
- Environmental testing and modelling (vibration, thermal vacuum, radiation) of satellite payloads/ subsystems/ components
- Design and development of an quantum optical ground station for receiving QKD signals from spacecraft
- Modelling of satellite QKD constellations using STK and Matlab
- Researching and defining future projects (e.g. geostationary and lunar quantum entanglement distribution experiments)
· Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree in Physics or engineering
· Proven track-record on relevant projects
· Previous experience with the space projects and/or optical instrumentation..